California, United States
Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading players involved in the development of the next generation of fully electric and hybrid vehicles?
Due to the global interest in their range of luxury vehicles they are currently embarking on a large number of talent acquisition programs at their Los Angeles based facility.
They now seek to recruit an experienced Head of Powertrain & EV Drivetrain Systems responsible for leading the Design and Engineering of entire Powertrain and EV Drivetrain systems encompassing all phases of product development from architecture to production launch.
- Responsible for design, development and integration of the powertrain hardware, power electronics, control system and software for Battery Electrical Vehicles (BEV), Extended Range Electrical Vehicle (EREV) and Fuel Cell vehicles. The powertrain systems include Battery packs with BMS, Inverters, DC-DC converters, thermal system, high voltage distribution, charging system, powertrain control system, etc. ICE system is also included for range extender like Engine, induction, exhaust, drivelines, Fuel Systems, Transaxles, etc.
- Complete functional requirements and deliverables to meet program attributes, cost and timing objectives:
- Develop a capable and high performing team with technical expertise and winning cultures. Provide strong leadership with Managers, Tech leaders and Engineers.
- Strong management skills for resolving business and technical issues. Focus on objectives/deliverables and drive for results.
- Foster creativity and develop innovative technologies in powertrain, especially in control system and software areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)- Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Direct experience with automotive powertrain engineering including internal combustion engines, electric drive and hybrid control, power electronics, battery pack systems, emissions and regulatory testing. Automotive OEM experience preferred.
- Track record of successful vehicle program development experience, including design, sourcing, verification, and launch of EV, ICE and hybrid propulsion systems.
- Hands on, creative mindset with experience in advanced automotive propulsion system development using advanced engineering and R&D methodologies.
- Ability to deal effectively with and lead within a fast-paced, dynamic and change-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience building and leading engineering and business teams that may be in multiple locations. International experience within China preferred.
- Ability to partner and work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment.
This position is a rare opportunity to work for an Electrical Vehicle company with exciting technologies (BEV, EREV and Fuel Cell etc.), and great global opportunities with broad responsibility, innovative products, high-visibility and recognitions.
The role offers a generous salary and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is available.