Battery Development Engineer required for a leading manufacturer of of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Does the idea of working for a true market leader and technology innovator appeal to you?
Do you want to play an integral part in creating the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications?
If so, read on….
Gaining recognition across the globe for their innovation, our Michigan based client is a rapidly expanding organisation developing the next generation of batteries for various application areas. They now seek to recruit a number of Battery Development Engineers for the design, development, improvement and execution of core battery systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining, documenting, and designing overall battery architecture, being design responsible for key systems and components, and overseeing validation of those components and systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops detailed product requirements based on regulations, customer requirements, and internal requirements while meeting targets for performance, cost and timing.
- Develops mechanical/electrical systems and components to house, structurally support, thermally manage, and electrically connect a variety of Li-Ion batteries types.
- Specifies components (materials, structures, fuses, housings, etc.) and ensures compliance to Bill of Material, design and process. Responsible for drawing release and maintenance.
- Develops mechanical/electrical systems DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall system DVP&Rs.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze component level tests and communicate results to engineering team.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time and meets design specifications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science and/or Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in automotive or similar product design and development.
- Adept in data processing and statistical analysis.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
- Experienced with high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Understanding of common automotive & industry standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation involved in the development of the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications.
Interested Mechanical / Electrical / Product / System Engineers from within the battery industry should apply without delay.