BMS Software Engineer required for a leading manufacturer of of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Does the idea of working for a true market leader and technology innovator appeal to you?
Do you want to play an integral part of creating the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications?
If so, read on….
Gaining recognition across the globe for their innovation, our client, based in Michigan, is a rapidly expanding organisation developing the next generation of batteries for various application areas. They now seek to recruit a highly adept BMS Software Engineer responsible for the design, development and execution of Battery Management System (BMS) software and controls applications in both 48V and high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
You will be responsible for specifying, implementing and validating control algorithms related to Li Ion battery systems. You will need to be well versed in software and controls development, battery algorithms, functional safety and CAN communications as well as typical development tools.
The BMS Development Engineer will be a critical component of my clients BMS development team, you will serve as the key liaison to suppliers for functional requirements as well as the point person for BMS functionality within the team. You will be expected to be well versed in software, controls and hardware and be able to identify requirements and short comings with existing designs and contribute to the solution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred) in Controls, computer science or equivalent degree
- >= 3 years of experience in automotive or similar electrical systems
- Experience in Battery Management System software and controls
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow (Embedded coder preferred)
- Experience in C/C++ software development
- Experience with CAN and CAN development tools including CANalyzer and CANbedded
- Experience with High Voltage batteries and safety knowledge
- Experience with Hardware-In-the-Loop Systems
Interested Software Engineers with a proven track record of BMS software development should apply without delay