Idaho, United States
By creating an innovative technology, our client is pushing through the boundaries holding back the utilisation of lithium-Ion battery systems within complex and demanding energy storage applications.
They currently seek to recruit a Chief Marketing Officer to be responsible for the development and implementation of clear and cohesive brand messaging, product positioning and pricing strategies across varied segments of the energy storage industry.
The purpose of this job is to create, manage and execute on the strategic and tactical marketing requirements for the company’s entire range of energy storage products.
This position requires significant interface with the sales organization, senior leadership team, product development, customers, prospects, media contacts and other industry representatives. Effective communication skills are a must, effective candidates will have excellent negotiation and presentation skills of technical products and concepts.
- Develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; and monitoring the competition.
- Assure marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing directives.
- Obtains market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product and directing promotional support.
- Influences present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develops new uses for existing products by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; and consulting with internal and external sources.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data. Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information as needed to assure data driven decision making.
This highly strategic and critical position requires an extremely organized and analytical individual with experience in market research, competitive analysis, and business development.
Educated to master’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, you will be able to demonstrate a number of years’ experience of proven marketing of highly technical products and services preferably within the energy storage industry.
To be successful in your application for this role, you will have prior experience in working with new business segments and product rollouts with experience of a number of high tech product launches.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the desire and ability to lead by example, will require an extensive hands-on approach and as an intense desire to do the work personally as well grow and then lead a team.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the energy storage industry.
- Demonstrable experience and success leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns for a technical product mix.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising multi-channel campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate existing and prospective customers.
Key to this position is a thorough knowledge of the interdependencies between marketing, sales, product development and finance, including proven success in the navigation and alignment of goals between diverse departments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an instrumental part in the rebranding and repositioning of this innovation led company as a market leader in the energy storage sector.