Arizona, United States
Are you looking for a new challenge in the development of the next generation of Lithium metal batteries?
Our client is a global leader in the development of high energy rechargeable battery systems for the global transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage industries.
The now seek to recruit an adept Electrical Systems Manager responsible for leading the development and validation of Electrical Systems for battery packs, including the Battery Management System and Power System.
- Manage efficient working of Battery System Development Team and ensure compliance to company policies and regulations.
- Work closely with vehicle and pack system engineering to determine the electrical architecture of the battery pack system.
- Develop corporate HV safety requirements and best practices for the pack system and components.
- Develop and maintain the Battery Management System (BMS), HV Bus and electrical signal distribution systems for Lithium Metal based Battery Pack Systems.
- Design or specify I/O signal conditioning electronics, thermal management controls, circuit protection and switching architectures between the battery modules and the Battery Management System (BMS), as well as between the BMS and the vehicle controller via CAN.
- Integrate connectors, sensors, switches and electrically-driven thermal management components into overall vehicle architecture.
To be successful in your application for this role you must be able to demonstrate
- Educated to degree level in electrical engineering or related
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design, release, validation and production of electrical power and signal distribution systems/networks.
- Experience in microcontrollers and firmware.
- Previous experience in batteries and battery systems.
- Experience managing development projects and team members.
- Experience in circuit board design, low and high voltage wiring design, tooling and manufacturing.
- Experience in automotive or commercial truck OEM product release processes including Engineering Release, PPAP and PSW is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding innovative company and play an integral part in helping to shape the future of global transportation and energy storage.