Director of Software Engineering required for one of the world’s leading players involved in the development of the next generation of fully electric and hybrid luxury vehicles
Due to the global interest in their vehicles, they are currently embarking on a large number of talent acquisition programs at their Los Angeles based facility.
They now seek to recruit an experienced Director of Software Engineering responsible for vehicle software engineering responsible for and leading the design and development of Infotainment, body control, and connected car systems software for current and future vehicle programs.
You will be a technology leader who defines and sets technology and product development strategy, drives the company technology roadmap, and builds, leads, and manages cross-functional teams to create cutting-edge vehicle systems software.
- Provides leadership, direction, and strategy and executes on the identified company strategy.
- Plans and executes projects based on the product development pipeline and manages software requirements, development, and deliverables to the company programs on-time with high quality.
- Responsible for project oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, cost management, training, and hiring.
- Builds enhancements within an existing software architecture and envisions improvements to the architecture.
- Designs, develops, and validates embedded applications and sets and maintains high standards of software quality in accordance with current state of the art best practices.
- Reviews and improves on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies.
- Optimizes overall team performance by coaching individual team members.
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, Master’s Degree is preferred
- Proven experience in an automotive software development management role coupled with demonstrable leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of product development.
- Extensive demonstrated experience developing embedded applications in C/C++.
- Experience with Automotive grade Linux, Android, or similar RTOS platforms.
- Experience with Agile development methods such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Proven ability to lead and advance software teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for design / code / build / deploy / test / release cycles.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high focused team focussed on developing the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles.
The role offers a generous salary and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance is available.
Interested Directors of Software Engineering involved design and development of Infotainment, body control, and connected car systems software are urged to apply with delay