Mechanical Cell Design Engineer for dynamic business involved in the development of next generation of battery technologies.
Are you looking for a new challenge in the development of the next generation of Lithium metal batteries
Based in Arizona, our client is a global leader in the development of high energy rechargable battery systems for the global transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage industries.
The now seek to recruit an adept Cell Mechanical Engineer, this position will be developing next generation cells for high energy and high power applications as a key member of R&D.
The Battery Cell Mechanical Design Engineer will have practical experience in EV batteries and passion to advance battery cell technology. This position requires strong background in mechanical design and prototyping, particularly involving battery cell design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop mechanical designs for battery cell utilizing 3D CAD and supported by analysis.
- Create prototypes and support the development of manufacturing processes and automation.
- Drive cross functional collaboration with Cell engineers, manufacturing engineers, suppliers, and test engineers to transition conceptual designs to production.
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T and produce 2D drawings.
- Conduct DFMEA and Failure analysis.
- Prepare documentation and requirements and deliver technical presentations.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies.
- Characterize cell thermal behavior and modeling.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of material properties and applications
- Strong communication and a team player
- Experience in COMSOL modeling is a plus
- Familiarity with Lithium-ion cells, module and battery pack design
- Experience designing parts for mass production with automated assembly line
- Data acquisition and test equipment
Interested Mechanical Battery Cell Design Engineers should apply without delay
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in helping to shape the future of global transportation and energy storage.