Senior Electrical Engineer required for globally respected innovator in the development of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Our Client is a globally recognized leader of high-performance power solutions to a variety of industrial and commercial application areas. Headquartered in the United States and a number of facilities across the globe, they are perfectly positioned to provide the technological expertise to their global customers.
In order to ensure their high levels of commitment to their customers is maintained, they now seek to recruit a highly adept Senior Electrical Engineer for their facility based in Illinois.
The Electrical Engineer will play a key role in the development of hardware specific requirements, architectures, and designs. This individual will be responsible for the successful development and release to manufacturing of portions of the hardware to be utilized in battery pack and charger products for various markets and customers. The projects may have varying levels of complexity and ambiguity thereby requiring that the candidate possess appreciable initiative, originality, ingenuity, and excellent problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent circuit design and analysis skills, electrical engineering experience and preferably a great understanding of power electronic circuits.
- Lead hardware engagements with various external and internal customers to define requirements and create specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with various global design sites to develop, test, and validate robust analog and digital hardware architectures to meet said specifications.
- Lead electrical hardware component selection/optimization for microcontrollers and battery/charger management devices.
- Generate schematics, layouts, simulations, BOMs, GERBER files, WCA including derating and power stack up analyses for assigned hardware projects.
- Lead bring up and debugging of new hardware prototypes including necessary modifications to components/interfaces. Provide reports on performance and conformity to customer requirements.
- Support EMI/EMC/transient/environmental/validation testing and required changes to ensure compliance to applicable standards.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- More than 6 years of experience with new product introductions from conception all the way through start of mass production in the consumer, telecom, automotive, and/or military industries.
- Experience with battery management systems and/or high voltage is a plus.
- Experience with EMI, EMC, electrical and validation testing of battery packs is a plus.
- Experience with designing to functional safety standard ISO26262 is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of digital and analog circuitry. Strong understanding of DC power electronics is required.
- Must be able to create schematics and high density PCBA layouts.
- Experience with electrical ECAD modeling systems (i.e. Altium, Orcad/Cadence) required; Altium preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company focussed on the development of innovative battery power solutions
Interested Electrical Engineers should apply without delay
As our client is an ITAR facility, they are only able to hire U.S citizens or green card holders.