Senior Mechanical Engineer required for globally respected innovator in the development of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Our Client is a globally recognized leader of high-performance power solutions to a variety of industrial and commercial application areas. Headquartered in the United States and a number of facilities across the globe, they are perfectly positioned to provide the technological expertise to their global customers.
In order to ensure their high levels of commitment to their customers is maintained, they now seek to recruit a highly adept Senior Mechanical Engineer for their facility based in Illinois.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead all mechanical specific requirements, architectures, and designs. This individual will be responsible for the successful development and release to manufacturing of mechanical designs to be utilized in battery pack and charger products for various markets and customers. The projects may have varying levels of complexity and ambiguity thereby requiring that the candidate possess appreciable initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent mechanical design and analysis skills, advanced mechanical engineering experience and a great understanding of various manufacturing tools such as injection molding and metal stamping.
- Lead mechanical engagements with various external and internal customers to define requirements and create specifications.
- Lead mechanical component selection/optimization for battery pack enclosures, charging ports/docks and related interfaces considering design integrity best practices for ultrasonic/laser welding, snap fit, screws, thermal management, etc.
- Generate 3D models, 2D drawings, BOMs and tolerance stack up analyses for assigned mechanical projects.
- Lead and/or support environmental/validation testing and required changes to ensure compliance to applicable drop, vibration, shock, ingress protection and thermal standards.
- Explore new and existing materials and methods to solve design challenges.
- Lead, train and guide less experienced engineers.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
- More than 5 years of direct battery related experience focusing on safety, thermal management, performance and high voltage architectures preferred.
- More than 5 years of experience with new product introductions from conception all the way through start of mass production in the consumer, telecom, automotive, and/or military industries.
- Experience with injection molding and metal stamping/forming.
- Experience with environmental and validation testing of battery packs preferred.
- Experience with designing to functional safety standard ISO26262 a plus.
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools (i.e. Solidworks, ProE) required.
- Experience with structural and thermal FEA.
- Experience with ultrasonic/laser welding preferred.
- Strong knowledge of DFM and DFA design principles.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company focussed on the development of innovative battery power solutions
Interested Mechanical Engineers should apply without delay
As our client is an ITAR facility, they are only able to hire U.S citizens or green card holders.