Senior Software Engineer required for a global leader in the development of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Our Client is a globally recognized leader of high-performance power solutions to a variety of industrial and commercial application areas. Headquartered in the United States and a number of facilities across the globe, they are perfectly positioned to provide the technological expertise to their global customers.
In order to ensure their high levels of commitment to their customers is maintained, they now seek to recruit a highly adept Senior Software Engineer for their facility based in Illinois.
The Senior Software Engineer will lead all software specific requirements, architectures and designs. This individual will be responsible for the successful development and release to manufacturing of software components to be utilized in battery pack and charger products for various markets and customers. The projects may have varying levels of complexity and ambiguity thereby requiring that the candidate possess appreciable initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent software design and analysis skills and advanced low-level embedded software engineering experience.
- Lead software engagements with various external and internal customers to define requirements and create specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with various global design sites to develop, test and validate robust software architectures to meet said specifications.
- Generate source code, programming files, software utilization reports, flowcharts and user guides for assigned software projects.
- Run through unit testing of software components prior to pack level or system level testing.
- Lead, train and guide less experienced engineers.
- BS, MS or PhD in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- More than 5 years of direct battery related experience focusing on safety, thermal management, performance and high voltage architectures preferred.
- More than 5 years of low-level embedded software experience directly for new product introductions from conception all the way through start of mass production in the consumer, telecom, automotive, and/or military industries.
- Experience with developing, compiling and troubleshooting code for various microcontroller platforms and tools (compilers, linkers and bootloaders) required.
- Moderate to expert level proficiency in C or C++ and working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with designing to functional safety standard ISO26262 a plus.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms a plus.
- Experience with battery characterization and modeling a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company focussed on the development of innovative battery power solutions
Interested Software Engineers should apply without delay
As our client is an ITAR facility, they are only able to hire U.S citizens or green card holders.