Battery Test Engineer required for globally respected innovator in the development of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Our Client is a globally recognized leader of high-performance power solutions to a variety of industrial and commercial application areas. Headquartered in the United States and a number of facilities across the globe, they are perfectly positioned to provide the technological expertise to their global customers.
In order to ensure their high levels of commitment to their customers is maintained, they now seek to recruit a highly adept Battery Test Engineer for their facility based in Illinois.
The Battery Test Engineer will play a key role in the development of new battery pack designs through verification and validation testing against the product requirements. This individual will be responsible for the successful development and execution of test cases pertaining to different engineering disciplines across multiple projects. The development projects may have varying levels of complexity and ambiguity thereby requiring that the candidate possess appreciable initiative, originality, ingenuity, and excellent problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills with a mix of electrical/software/firmware engineering test experience.
- Support customer engagements with various external and internal customers to define test plans/cases as they pertain to customer requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with various global design sites to execute test cases using external labs as needed. This may involve writing code in Visual Basic, Labview, or related tools.
- Support design reviews by providing insight and recommendations on functionality, design robustness, and test feasibility.
- Generate test reports to summarize findings through the aid of requirements management tools, bug trackers and statistical analyses tools.
- Collaborate with system, manufacturing, and design engineers to generate DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s, DFM’s, and reports to minimize mass production issues and control production costs.
- Support bring up and debugging of prototypes including necessary modifications to components/interfaces. Provide reports on performance and conformity to customer requirements.
- Lead EMI/EMC/transient/environmental/validation testing, and support required changes to ensure compliance to applicable standards.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical or Software Engineering preferred.
- More than 3 years of experience with new product introductions from conception all the way through start of mass production in the consumer, telecom, automotive, and/or military industries.
- Ability to write code to automate and execute test cases using Visual Basic, Labview or related tools.
- Experience with battery management systems and/or high voltage is a plus.
- Experience with EMI, EMC, electrical and validation testing of battery packs is a plus.
- Experience with designing/testing to functional safety standard ISO26262 is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of digital and analog circuitry.
- Strong quantitative, design, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company focussed on the development of innovative battery power solutions
Interested Battery Test Engineers should apply without delay
As our client is an ITAR facility, they are only able to hire U.S citizens or green card holders.