Lead Design Engineer required for a global leader in the development of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Due to an increasing demand for their innovative battery systems, our client now seeks to recruit an adept Mechanical Engineer for their facility in the Stuttgart region to support the acquisition development team in performing technical assessments for future business strategic decisions.
- Technical contact in the development of battery modules, packs and devices for automotive applications in the USA and Germany
- Design responsibility in close coordination with company’s international team and customers
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts and drive the further development of existing designs
- Responsible for the processes and the environment for creating components, assemblies and drawings
- Ensure a high level of development and construction competence in the team, support colleagues in their further development and act as a mentor
- Provide cross-project support for purchasing, prototyping and production
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- At least 5 years of experience of mechanical design of electro-mechanical / electronic automotive components
- Experience in product development from samples to series production and knowledge of the necessary documents and processes
- Experience in the design of vehicle batteries, material and process knowledge are an advantage
- Sound experience in Solidworks CAD and PDM is desirable
- Fluency in English and German is a prerequisite, Turkish and Chinese language skills are a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company involved in development of innovative battery power and energy storage systems
Interested Mechanical Design Engineers should apply without delay