Battery Software Engineer required for one of the world’s leading players involved in the development of the next generation of fully electric and hybrid vehicles.
Due to the global interest in their range of luxury vehicles they are currently embarking on a large number of talent acquisition programs at their Los Angeles based facility.
The Battery Software Engineer will develop BMS application software to achieve all functions based on software functional requirements, including architecture, status monitoring, control, safety mechanism, and diagnostic.
- Design and develop embedded application software for next generation EV battery management system.
- Define software functional requirements with system engineer.
- Design software (using C++, Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow) integrating feed-forward control strategy, test results, diagnostics, and industry best practices for control system code, including redundancy.
- Utilize development tools to aid and speed the development – scripts for automated lookup table generation, automated test data processing.
- Implement BMS algorithm and logic with algorithm engineer.
- Create test cases and execute software unit test plans, test scripts, and test automation.
- Work with system engineer on functional safety analysis (ISO 26262).
- Implement software safety mechanism based on functional safety requirements.
- Support BMS hardware and low-level software development.
- Support test process to verify functions on bench, on HIL, and in vehicle.
- Work with validation engineer on issue debugging and tracking.
- MS/BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with specialty in Software, or Controls.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in control algorithm and BMS development.
- Experience with embedded system and familiarity with embedded software development process.
- Solid experience with model based SW development with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience in developing software for real-time, experience with RTOS, and understanding of real-time processing issues.
- Expert proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of automotive interfaces/communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, UDS, XCP).
- Demonstrated understanding of vehicle development and system integration process.
- Hands-on experience in electric powertrain systems validation and diagnostics.
- Familiarity with IS26262 development process, and experience of functional safety development and implementation in software.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
- Project Experience with BMS development.
- Knowledge of MIL/SIL/HIL for ECU testing.
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostics (OBDII and UDS).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high focused team focussed on developing the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles.
The role offers a generous salary and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.