Technical Specialist, Electronics Electro-Mechanical Design required for one of the world’s leading players involved in the development of the next generation of fully electric and hybrid vehicles.
Due to the global interest in their range of luxury vehicles they are currently embarking on a large number of talent acquisition programs at their Los Angeles based facility.
They now seek to recruit an experienced Technical Specialist – Electronics Electro-Mechanical Design is responsible for mechanical design activity for all Electronics components, including mechanical packaging, structure for loads and durability, thermal requirements, and electro-magnetic interference (EMI) and compatibility.
This role is also responsible for design-for-manufacturing and assembly (DFM/DFA) as part of in-house or tiered manufacturing strategy.
- Responsible for packaging constraints, mechanical, electrical, thermal, environmental, and EMI/EMC performance for Power Electronics, including Inverter, DCDC, OBCM, and electric motor.
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling and simulation CAE tools to support design work and critical engineering decisions.
- Responsible for the design, analysis, development, and validation of all Electromechanical components, and effectively support subsystem and vehicle-level integration to ensure high-quality performance.
- Effectively control and manage all design changes affecting Electromechanical (including Power Electronics) components, especially related to larger sub-system requirements.
- Support all Engineering Design and Release requirements for Electromechanical components.
- Serve as company-wide subject-matter expert (SME) for Electromechanical design and development.
- Develop and execute Electromechanical test and validation plans.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with specialty in mechanical design or CAE.
- 10+ years of product design, development, and manufacturing experience with automotive power conversion devices.
- General understanding of automotive industry standards such as ASTM, SAE, ISO.
- Knowledge of high voltage electrical systems in Electric Vehicles or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV).
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to required):
- Experience with automotive OEM production-intent development programs.
- Experience in high voltage applications.
- Experience in aluminum and plastic parts design.
- Proficient in the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high focused team focussed on developing the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles.
The role offers a generous salary and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.