Vehicle Software Systems Architect required for one of the world’s leading players involved in the development of the next generation of fully electric and hybrid vehicles.
Due to the global interest in their range of luxury vehicles they are currently embarking on a large number of talent acquisition programs at their Los Angeles based facility.
The Vehicle Software Systems Architect to lead, participate in defining the software system and subsystems architectures for automotive Infotainment and Connected Car systems, validate technology assumptions, and evaluate alternatives through hands on prototyping and discovery.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated software architect that thrives on the creation of cutting-edge software and technologies, and supporting vehicle development through providing, communicating, and evolving the larger technological and architectural view of the solution.
- Set the vehicle software system architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles
- Drive architectural definition, design and analysis, and development of hardware and software during all program phases (concept, design, development and validation)
- Identify required Architectural Roadmap in support of upcoming vehicle programs, features, and capabilities, and, where necessary, work with engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
- Negotiate with the business on prioritizing technical work with new business features, creating a balance between healthy systems, and delivering critical business features
- Provide technical leadership and influence BSP, middleware and application software teams in building a reliable and scalable software stack
- Champion, translate, negotiate, and communicate complex architectural and development concepts across development teams and key (often non-technical) stakeholders to meet both architectural and business objectives
- Characterize, profile and optimize system software for functionality, power, resources and security. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to address those opportunities (e.g. architectural, performance, maintainability, security, scalability, re-usability, etc.)
- Review end-to-end system use cases for system perspective, and propose software and hardware design allowing for those requirements to be met
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Master’s Degree is preferred
- Extensive experience in a software development role
- Experience designing software architectures with proven examples as an individual contributor
- Deep knowledge of automotive software development process and the V-Model system development, verification, and validation framework
- Extensive demonstrable experience developing technologies, applications, or systems
- Experience supporting external/third-party technologies and products review
- Technical competence in architecture of Linux and Android Platform or QNX environments on embedded systems
- Experience in developing efficient communications using shared memory, IPC, SOC to SOC, automotive ethernet, and CAN/CAN-FD
- Broad understanding of multiple domains involved in electronics and communication devices
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high focused team focussed on developing the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles.
The role offers a generous salary and a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.