Design Release Engineer required to take responsibility for Li-Ion battery cell interconnection technology, taking on the design, development, change management and final execution of battery mechanical and electrical subsystems.
Plasma our proud to be working with a growing organisation focussed on the design, development and manufacturing of extremely high-quality Lithium Ion Batteries for EV applications. Whether it be passenger car, commercial vehicles, industrial transportation our clients are experts in their field, and they are now looking for a Design Release Engineer to join their growing team.
You will work closely with the prototype and production manufacturing engineering teams as well as suppliers and the validation team.
- Develop product requirements based on regulations, customer requests and internal requirements all while meeting targets for performance, cost and timing.
- Develop efficient yet effective design solutions to make battery cell interconnections that carry high currents at high voltage.
- Component selection ensuring compliance to BOM, design and process.
- Draw release and maintenance.
- Develop mechanical and electrical DFMEAs.
- Evaluate suppliers to ensure proper supplier selection.
- Manage part design, implementation and timings from prototype to production.
- Develop component and subsystem DVP&Rs.
- Collab with internal engineering to ensure solutions meet HV insulation requirements.
- Develop, conduct and analyze component testing communicating results internally.
- Support Prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time and meet specification.
- Support all troubleshooting and problem resolution encountered through entire product development and life cycle.
- BS in Engineering related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Automotive product design and development.
- Industry experience with Li-Ion battery cell interconnection technology.
- Experience with printed circuits and wiring harnesses.
- Preferably worked on HV Li-Ion battery systems.
- Ability to work independently without constant direction.