Electrical System Engineer (Battery Systems) required for design, development, and execution of core electrical systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining and documenting overall electrical architecture, being design responsible for key electrical systems, and overseeing validation of those components and systems.
Based in Michigan, our client is a global leader in the development of high energy rechargable battery systems for the global transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage industries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops system electrical architectural schematics, wiring diagrams, perform systems integration and validation for development and production batteries.
- Specifies components (wiring, connectors, contactors, fuses, etc.) and ensures products meet internal and customer requirements.
- Develops Electrical System DFMEAs, WCCA, etc.
- Evaluates supplier specifications & validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
- Key contributor in evaluation of prospective suppliers.
- Develops electrical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall ABS system DVP&Rs.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
- Troubleshooting any issues with electrical systems.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Masters of Science and/or Engineering in Energy Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Proven experience in the development of lithium-Ion battery systems for automotive or energy storage applications.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
- Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Educated on common automotive & industry test certifications.
- Familiar with the product design process.
- Self-motivated problem solver, pays attention to the details.
- Challenges the status quo and strives for continuous improvement.
- Abides by safety standards and protocols.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in helping to shape the future of global transportation and energy storage.