Applications Engineering Lead required for a leading manufacturer of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Does the idea of working for a true market leader and technology innovator appeal to you?
Do you want to play an integral part in creating the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications?
If so, read on….
Gaining recognition across the globe for their innovation, our Michigan based client is a rapidly expanding organisation developing the next generation of batteries for various application areas.
They now seek to recruit a Lead Applications Engineer to take responsibility for design, development, and process orientation of core products, features, and designs of the overall pack for internal and external customer products.
This individual works as the primary customer-facing lead for development and launch support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for owning the development of new parts and the initial development of processes for those parts.
- Act as the primary technical interface to customers in project meetings as well as for technical troubleshooting
- Work closely with the prototype manufacturing team to develop and refine processes to support new components & systems.
- Act as a mentor to Design Release Engineers (DREs) on the team.
- Work closely with the production manufacturing teams to troubleshoot any issues that arise with product components and assemblies.
- Specifies components (materials, structures, fuses, housings, etc.) and ensures products meet internal and customer requirements.
- Key contributor to mechanical system DFMEAs/PFMEAs.
- Lead Product & Process design reviews
- Evaluates supplier information, specifications, and validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
- Lead supplier evaluation and development for current or prospective suppliers, in collaboration with purchasing.
- Key contributor to mechanical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall system DVP&Rs.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time, and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science and/or Engineering in Mechanical / Electrical / Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrification product design or product development.
- Adept in various troubleshooting methods and disciplined documentation of findings
- Proficient in understanding CAE models, including deciphering boundary conditions, assumptions and model limitations.
- Adept in data processing and statistical analysis.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
- Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems
- Educated on common automotive & industry standards.
- Familiar with the product design process
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation involved in the development of the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications.
Interested Application Engineers with strong electrification product design experience should apply without delay.