Electrical Systems Engineer required for a leading manufacturer of Lithium Ion battery systems for e-mobility and energy storage applications.
Does the idea of working for a true market leader and technology innovator appeal to you?
Do you want to play an integral part in creating the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications?
If so, read on….
Gaining recognition across the globe for their innovation, our Michigan based client is a rapidly expanding organisation developing the next generation of batteries for various application areas.
They now seek to recruit a Power Switching Systems Engineer responsible for selection, development, and validation of core high voltage electrical connection systems, including components such as Contactors, FETs, Fuses, Current Limiting and Current Sense systems, wiring, bussing and associated mechanical and electrical components.
This individual is expected to work closely with Systems Engineering and Mechanical Engineering teams to develop requirements, release designs, manage suppliers and validate products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for owning the selection and development of high voltage electrical power distribution components.
- Maintains high level of expertise in power switching components and current limiting devices including contactors, relays, fuses, FETs etc.
- Maintains high level of familiarity with various electronic components including current sensors.
- Maintains high level of familiarity with mechanical packaging and fabrication techniques, including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, additive manufacturing, etc.
- Develop technical requirements to meet sub-system, performance and functional targets.
- Evaluate supplier information, specifications, and validation data to ensure selection of the best suppliers.
- Work closely with the component suppliers to qualify candidate components to meet sub-system, performance, and cost targets.
- Seek innovative opportunities to develop best in world solutions.
- Design, set-up and conduct internal tests to confirm specifications, and resolve issues.
- Work closely with Battery Management System (BMS) team to develop control strategies and diagnostics.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to determine most cost-effective and highest quality solutions.
- Work closely with the prototype and production teams to troubleshoot any issues that arise with product components and assemblies.
- Work closely to specify required test equipment and procedures.
- Own subsystem DFMEAs/PFMEAs.
- Key contributor to mechanical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall ABS system DVP&Rs.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring components and assemblies are on time, and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team growth and accountability by completing projects in a professional, collaborative, and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- ≥5 years of experience in automotive or similar product design and development.
- > 2 years of experience in transportation electrification
- Knowledge of electrical switching components and current limiting devices such as contactors, relays, FETS, power-resistors and fuses.
- Knowledge of current measuring devices such as hall transducers and shunts
- Knowledge of digital communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, etc
- Knowledge of best practices in high voltage component design including determination of creepage and clearance distances, environmental requirements, various, SAE, UL and ISO standards, etc
- Well versed in automotive specifications
- Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Educated on common automotive & industry standards SAE, ASME, IEE.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation involved in the development of the next generation of battery systems for transportation, consumer electronics and energy storage applications.
Interested Electrical Systems Engineers / Power Switching Engineers / Power Electronics Engineers with strong electrification product design experience should apply without delay