Cell Engineer required for a rapidly growing lithium-ion battery manufacturer in Michigan
The Senior Cell Engineer evaluates the performance of lithium-ion cells and supports the development of the battery management system (BMS) state-of-charge (SOC) models, state-of-health (SOH), and aging models
The individual evaluates lithium-ion cell performance by the following:
- Main technical interface with cell suppliers.
- Supports cell supplier audits via technical questionnaires and onsite visits.
- Collects, processes, analyzes, and communicates test data to internal/external customers.
- Develops SOC / SOH models of multiple battery cells and chemistries.
The role is vital to the success of the organization as the Senior Cell Engineer supports product validation and lifecycle support of internal battery products.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Evaluates performance of lithium-ion cells by interfacing with lithium-ion cell suppliers, executing test plans, statistically analyzing the subsequent test data, publishing testing reports, and communicating the test data in accordance with program timing (35%).
- Develops and optimizes lithium-ion cell aging models for multiple cell models and chemistries (20%)
- Interfaces with Battery Management Systems team to relay cell information for State-of-Charge model and State-of-Health model development (20%).
- Develops testing methods by studying internal and external customer requirements and researching test literature (15%).
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks (10%).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative organisation and help to shape the company’s future lithium-ion battery systems.
Interested Cell Engineers with experience of lithium-ion cell design and manufacturing should apply without delay